- Rideshare drivers are unlike taxi or limousine drivers, which are traditional livery. Rideshare drivers are non-commercial drivers using their personal vehicle to transport passengers for compensation.
- Ridesharing is gaining in popularity, with an estimated number of over 500,000 drivers in 2015.
What is covered when Rideshare is selected
- If the vehicle use is designated as a Business-Rideshare, then Foremost Auto coverage will be provided in Periods 0 and 1 as shown below
- Any Vehicle used for Rideshare that is not designated as Business-Rideshare is unacceptable.
- Policies with Rideshare option must have Bodily Injury included on the policy. PIP/PD only should not be sold when the Rideshare option is selected.